Hello, Lake Ridge singers! I am excited about starting a new school and a new year with all of you. Starting a new choir program, establishing traditions, setting a standard of excellence – it is going to be a terrific experience. I can hardly wait to meet the incredible Eagle singers and start our journey together.
- We have our first performance opportunity on SUNDAY, AUG. 19 at 2:00 pm. We have been asked to sing the “Alma Mater” for the school dedication! Of course, we would have to learn it (and I need to write it!) so we would need to set up some time for anyone who can be a part of this event to meet and rehearse that week. To find out who can participate, I have set up an online survey at the link that follows. Please click the link and answer the questions:
DEDICATION PERFORMANCE SURVEY – CLICK HERE
- With eight classes on the schedule this year, there may be space in the day for some of you to take a second choir class. I give a short description of classes that we might offer below. Let me know if you have further questions. Possibilities could include…
- An applied music class – Students would work on TMEA audition music and UIL Solo-Ensemble selections as well as other music in small groups and individually.
- Show Choir – Ensemble of students would sing and choreograph pop and musical theater selections. Auditioned.
- Jazz Choir – Ensemble of students would learn and perform vocal jazz – both accompanied and a cappella. Auditioned.
- Chamber Choir – A select group of advanced students learning madrigals and similar styles of music. Auditioned.
Again, I have set up an online survey to find out how much interest there might be in any of these possibilities. Visit the link below and let me know.
SECOND CHOIR CLASS SURVEY – CLICK HERE