I have assigned students based on what choir you were in last year and input from your previous MISD director. However, this placement is the starting point. I want to make sure that all singers are in the class that fits their skill level – where they can develop quickly and be highly successful. So some students may want to sing and sight-read for me. Also, we might be able to offer second classes as well.
All this to say I know that there will be some shuffling of classes as we start the year. So don’t stress about that.
I will be at school Aug. 13, 14, 15 during the day if anyone wants to stop by and discuss options or just come say “hello”.
(If you have not already answered the surveys from my fist post, please go do that now. I hope you can join us at the dedication.)
Several people have filled out the online surveys. I will post a practice schedule next week. We will probably have 2 times, and students can come to the one that fits your schedule – or both.
Please help get the word out. Have other choir students you know visit the choir page!!
I hope everyone is getting excited about the start of school. I know I am!!
Hello, Lake Ridge singers! I am excited about starting a new school and a new year with all of you. Starting a new choir program, establishing traditions, setting a standard of excellence – it is going to be a terrific experience. I can hardly wait to meet the incredible Eagle singers and start our journey together.
- We have our first performance opportunity on SUNDAY, AUG. 19 at 2:00 pm. We have been asked to sing the “Alma Mater” for the school dedication! Of course, we would have to learn it (and I need to write it!) so we would need to set up some time for anyone who can be a part of this event to meet and rehearse that week. To find out who can participate, I have set up an online survey at the link that follows. Please click the link and answer the questions:
DEDICATION PERFORMANCE SURVEY – CLICK HERE
- With eight classes on the schedule this year, there may be space in the day for some of you to take a second choir class. I give a short description of classes that we might offer below. Let me know if you have further questions. Possibilities could include…
- An applied music class – Students would work on TMEA audition music and UIL Solo-Ensemble selections as well as other music in small groups and individually.
- Show Choir – Ensemble of students would sing and choreograph pop and musical theater selections. Auditioned.
- Jazz Choir – Ensemble of students would learn and perform vocal jazz – both accompanied and a cappella. Auditioned.
- Chamber Choir – A select group of advanced students learning madrigals and similar styles of music. Auditioned.
Again, I have set up an online survey to find out how much interest there might be in any of these possibilities. Visit the link below and let me know.
SECOND CHOIR CLASS SURVEY – CLICK HERE